What is a Property in HubSpot? Complete Guide 2023
HubSpot’s custom properties feature lets users add custom properties or “fields” to their customer relationship management (CRM) platform that aren’t part of HubSpot’s default contact properties. HubSpot property may be linked to a contact, business, transaction, or ticket. “First name” stores a contact’s first name, and “Deal value” stores a deal’s numeric value. And a “ticket status” property would be used to store whether a ticket is open or closed. This guide is for you if you are searching for what is a property in HubSpot?
What Are HubSpot Custom Properties?
HubSpot CRM, marketing hub, sales hub, and customer service hub hold customer data according to HubSpot properties. Properties in HubSpot are the actual data fields used to store information, and the structure of these properties may vary from free-form text fields to specified drop-down lists to calculated properties.
In your HubSpot objects, just a few properties are set by default. But HubSpot knows that the needs of each business are different. So, you can make, change, and get rid of the custom properties.
How to Create Custom Property
The HubSpot CRM dashboard has several default settings. You may either modify or remove the HubSpot default attributes. Users can also make their own custom properties to meet the needs of their businesses. HubSpot makes it easy to create and change properties, but it’s essential to keep in mind what kind of information you want to collect and store for each property. This will tell you what type of field to choose for this property. First, let’s make a new custom property in Hubspot.
- Sign in to the HubSpot account
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose Properties from the options on the left.
- Choose whether you want to add a custom property to a Contact, a Company, a Deal, or a Ticket.
- Click on Create Property
- Give your property a name and an object type and group.
- Assign a field type, such as single-line text, dropdown select, or anything else that suits…
- Click Save
The Advantages of Creating Custom Properties in HubSpot
The accessible data in your CRM platform may be modified to the requirements of your business with the help of custom properties. When you use custom properties in a CRM, you can:
- Track or combine data from different sources in one place by making custom properties that link to other apps and integrations you use with your CRM platform.
- Add to the information you get from forms or calls with prospects so that it fits your industry, your customers, and the needs of your internal teams.
- Send your message to a targeted audience to increase open and conversion rates.
- Provide relevant information for all teams in your business to facilitate a smooth switch from marketing to sales and service.
This blog explains what a property is in HubSpot. Custom properties are a powerful way to store information in HubSpot. They can be used to segment your contacts, companies, deals, and tickets for marketing and sales purposes. We recommend creating custom properties for your business if you haven’t already!